The William B. Young Building, constructed in 1953, houses classrooms, studios, offices and research spaces for the College of Agriculture and Natural Resources.
The 72,000 square foot building had not been significantly upgraded since its construction. O&G replaced the worn-out building infrastructure, including glazing, HVAC, electrical and plumbing systems. Floor tiles were removed and replaced, and the bathrooms updated and made accessible. Floor layouts were reconfigured to improve adjacencies within the department.
UConn expanded the original project scope to include reroofing and the building envelope repair.