The Greenwich Library was a renovation and expansion project designed by world-renowned architect, Cesar Pelli. One of the Library’s most significant challenges was the requirement that the existing 68,000 SF building remain open during construction with minimal disruption. In addition there was the challenge of bringing the 1931 structure up to current Code while preserving the building’s historic design and dealing with a site which permitted little room for expansion. This project included a parking deck for 80 vehicles.

O&G also completed a façade restoration on an existing addition of the Library to match the rest of the primary structure. Structural steel framing was installed along with precast concrete panels that aesthetically blended with the rest of the Library’s façade.