In 1923, Andrew Oneglia and his partner, Flaviano Gervasini, opened a road building business in Torrington, Connecticut. Their equipment consisted of two trucks and a steamroller. Their promise to customers was to deliver the highest possible quality at the lowest possible price. Delivering this kind of value has propelled O&G Industries through decades of steady growth.
As O&G began to build more roads, securing a reliable source of high quality materials was necessary. O&G developed a network of quarries, concrete and asphalt plants throughout Connecticut and New York. We opened our first quarry in Woodbury, Connecticut in the 1930s and now have over one dozen company-owned facilities.
In 1960, O&G expanded its operations again, successfully completing its first building project. The word began to spread about the growing company that treated every project as if it were its only one. Today, the O&G name is on hundreds of schools, high-rise office buildings, industrial projects, health care facilities, sports complexes, environmental projects and power plants.
The firm has grown to become one of the largest diversified construction materials and services companies of its kind in the Northeast. Engineering News-Record consistently ranks us among the top builders in the country!